|Ø CHICKEN AND FISH FEED AND ORGANIC FERTILIZER VALUE CHAIN DEVELOPMENT USING BLACK SOLDIER FLY-BASED URBAN BIOWASTE PROCESSING IN GHANA, MALI, AND NIGER (Work package 1: Evidence generation: Biowaste, stakeholder mapping, situation analysis to guide strategic decisions).
· To apply for ethical clearance for the survey
· Co-design data collection instruments
· Conduct resource and stakeholder mapping surveys
Ø RECIRCULATE/ACTUATE (WP2)
· Organized and embarked on community entries to the communities selected for the project.
· Applied and got the Ethical Clearance Approval.
· Conducted Household Characterization and Listing in the communities under study which was used as the sampling frame.
· Co-designing with the UK partners of the Social Science Research Methodology of the project
· Organized a short training for recruited facilitators who assisted in community participatory appraisals (Focus Group Discussions)
· Conducted numerous Community Participatory Appraisals (FGDs) in the study communities to ascertain the predominant problems identified by community members, type of water sources, sanitation challenges and service institutions.
· Recruited and trained enumerators and supervisors for the baseline surveys for the project.
· Conducted a baseline survey covering 1,721 households in two study communities.
· Conducted institutional and household in-depth interviews in the study communities.
· Conducted participant observations.
· Organized training of enumerators to do Diarrhea Illness Monitoring
· Conducted Diarrhea Illness Monitoring of children aged 3years and below for a period of two and a half years.
· Organized a capacity building programme for an adolescent change agents’ group
Ø RECIRCULATE/ACTUATE (WP3)
· Assisted in acquire Ethical Clearance Approval
· Co-designed instrument for data collection for Alternative Wetting and Drying (AWD) survey.
· Supervised the survey and analysed the data.
Ø ACTUATE Project
· Conducted surveys and in-depth interviews for resource mapping purposes for a bio-digester.
· Develop a selection criterion for students (to be involved) in collaboration with school head teacher and teachers, of the school.
Ø Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) with Ulster University Pump-priming project (2017-2018)
· Conducted a fact-finding survey on renewable energy sources for rural areas
Ø CSIR small research grants on the design, construction of an efficient low-cost mobile kiln technology for the production of charcoal (2017)
· Designed a qualitative data collection instrument
· Conducted a baseline survey on the adoptability of the technology by charcoal producers in the Easter Region
· Analysed the results
Ø Collaborative Research on Renewable Energy Technology Transfer. Improved Cookstoves-Southern Sector (2017)
Ø Survey of LPG stoves for Energy Commission (2015)
· Designed data collection instrument, conducted the survey and analyzed the data for report writing
Ø Enhancing Capacity of Regional Testing and Knowledge Centre (2014)